I hope you are well.
We wanted to write and remind you about our upcoming events and speaking engagements. In the coming weeks, we will be speaking at Everybody Reading Festival in Leicester, Trinity College Dublin (after a previously scheduled talk was cancelled), the London Feminist Conference and at screenings of the film Among Unbelievers in the Netherlands.
One Law for All and Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain are organising several excellent events in central London:
* 28 September 2015, evening drinks with Arif Rahman, Bangladeshi blogger on Islamist hit-lists
* 26 October 2015, evening drinks with Tom Holland, Historian and Author of In the Shadow of the Sword followed by our 3rd Kafir Comedy night with Maha Kamal
* 16 November 2015, evening drinks with Ibrahim Abdallah, New York Organiser of Muslimish
We are also organising a not-to-be-missed end-year celebration with food, music and drinks on 13 December 2015 with Scientist Richard Dawkins, Philosopher AC Grayling, British Iraqi singer Alya Marquardt and many more. To register for our events and/or buy tickets, please visit our site.
DISMANTLING PARALLEL LEGAL SYSTEMS IN BRITAIN
Hundreds have signed a joint statement calling for the dismantling of parallel legal systems here in Britain. We plan to hand-in the statement with others at 10 Downing Street to mark 10 December, Human Rights Day. If you and/or your organisation would like to sign the statement, there’s still time. Just email us at email@example.com so we can add your name to the list.
* CEMB has once again called on the Lib Dems and police to act on a hate campaign against our Spokesperson Nahla Mahmoud by former Lib Dem councillor Salah al Bander.
* CEMB is concerned about the safety of founder of Atheist and Agnostic Alliance Pakistan affiliated to our organisation. She was forced to flee after being accused of blasphemy.
* A film by Dutch Humanists called Among Unbelievers is now available in English and features some of our activists and affiliated organisations.
* We are very pleased that our spokesperson Maryam Namazie has been invited to join the Advisory Board of the newly established Raif Badawi Foundation for free expression.
* One Law for All has issued a statement on the Passion for Freedom Art Festival, which we are no longer working with.
We’ll be writing soon with more details about our upcoming plans. In the meanwhile, we hope we see you at some of our events and speaking engagements and look forward to your continued support in defence of secularism, equality and citizenship rights.
One Law for All
BM Box 2387, London WC1N 3XX, UK
tel: +44 (0) 7719166731
Company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales under company number 8122621.